Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sully Baseball's Official 2011 Picks... bet on these at your own risk!







































In my entire life, I have predicted the World Series champion accurately a grand total of once in my life.



I picked the 1999 New York Yankees to win it all.

Not exactly a brave pick on my part.



Since then...

I picked the Braves to win the 2000 World Series.

I picked the Yankees to win the 2001 World Series.

I picked the A's to win the 2002 World Series.

I picked the Cardinals to win the 2003 World Series.

I picked the Astros to win the 2004 World Series.

I picked the Twins to win the 2005 World Series.

I picked the White Sox to win the 2006 World Series.

I picked the Angels to win the 2007 World Series.

I picked the Red Sox to win the 2008 World Series.

I picked the A's to win the 2009 World Series.

I picked the Yankees to win the 2010 World Series.



So which team am I giving the Kiss of Death to for 2011?



Here are my Division Picks



AMERICAN LEAGUE EAST - Boston Red Sox



AMERICAN LEAGUE CENTRAL – Chicago White Sox



AMERICAN LEAGUE WEST – Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim



AMERICAN LEAGUE WILD CARD – New York Yankees



NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST – Philadelphia Phillies



NATIONAL LEAGUE CENTRAL – Cincinnati Reds



NATIONAL LEAGUE WEST – San Francisco Giants



NATIONAL LEAGUE WILD CARD – Florida Marlins





ALCS – Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim def. Boston Red Sox in 7

NLCS – Philadelphia Phillies def. Cincinnati Reds in 4



WORLD SERIES – Philadelphia Phillies def. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in 5



Award Predictions



AL MVP – Kevin Youkilis, Boston

NL MVP – Hanley Ramirez, Florida

AL Cy Young – Dan Haren, Los Angeles

NL Cy Young – Josh Johnson, Florida

AL Rookie of the Year – Jeremy Hellickson, Tampa Bay

NL Rookie of the Year – Aroldis Chapman, Cincinnati

AL Manager of the Year – Ozzie Guillen, Chicago

NL Manager of the Year – Bruce Bochy, San Francisco

AL Comeback Player of the Year – Grady Sizemore, Cleveland

NL Comeback Player of the Year – Aaron Harang, San Diego



First AL Manager fired – Jim Leyland, Detroit

First NL Manager fired – Jim Riggleman, Washington





So there you have it… Phillies fans, I hope you weren’t hoping for a parade this year. I think your team is going to win, which means DOOM!















Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment