Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sully Baseball's Official 2011 Picks... bet on these at your own risk!







































In my entire life, I have predicted the World Series champion accurately a grand total of once in my life.



I picked the 1999 New York Yankees to win it all.

Not exactly a brave pick on my part.



Since then...

I picked the Braves to win the 2000 World Series.

I picked the Yankees to win the 2001 World Series.

I picked the A's to win the 2002 World Series.

I picked the Cardinals to win the 2003 World Series.

I picked the Astros to win the 2004 World Series.

I picked the Twins to win the 2005 World Series.

I picked the White Sox to win the 2006 World Series.

I picked the Angels to win the 2007 World Series.

I picked the Red Sox to win the 2008 World Series.

I picked the A's to win the 2009 World Series.

I picked the Yankees to win the 2010 World Series.



So which team am I giving the Kiss of Death to for 2011?



Here are my Division Picks



AMERICAN LEAGUE EAST - Boston Red Sox



AMERICAN LEAGUE CENTRALChicago White Sox



AMERICAN LEAGUE WESTLos Angeles Angels of Anaheim



AMERICAN LEAGUE WILD CARDNew York Yankees



NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST Philadelphia Phillies



NATIONAL LEAGUE CENTRAL Cincinnati Reds



NATIONAL LEAGUE WESTSan Francisco Giants



NATIONAL LEAGUE WILD CARDFlorida Marlins





ALCSLos Angeles Angels of Anaheim def. Boston Red Sox in 7

NLCSPhiladelphia Phillies def. Cincinnati Reds in 4



WORLD SERIES Philadelphia Phillies def. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in 5



Award Predictions



AL MVP – Kevin Youkilis, Boston

NL MVP – Hanley Ramirez, Florida

AL Cy Young – Dan Haren, Los Angeles

NL Cy Young – Josh Johnson, Florida

AL Rookie of the Year – Jeremy Hellickson, Tampa Bay

NL Rookie of the Year – Aroldis Chapman, Cincinnati

AL Manager of the Year – Ozzie Guillen, Chicago

NL Manager of the Year – Bruce Bochy, San Francisco

AL Comeback Player of the Year – Grady Sizemore, Cleveland

NL Comeback Player of the Year – Aaron Harang, San Diego



First AL Manager fired – Jim Leyland, Detroit

First NL Manager fired – Jim Riggleman, Washington





So there you have it… Phillies fans, I hope you weren’t hoping for a parade this year. I think your team is going to win, which means DOOM!















Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment